Submit you email address to receive my NEW recipes directly in your inbox!

13/06/2013

||| Chocolate Crinkle Cookies |||


I had two main excuses for baking these cookies apart for a chocolate craving. I wanted to take my mind off work and I wanted to try out my new 35mm lens which I got for my birthday from my other half :) These cookies are aesthetically pleasing in a weird rugged way and I was very eager to check them out. Now that I have seen the results and tasted these cookies I give them full points! They are unbelievably light and airy with a deep chocolaty taste, yum!

Ingredients
  • 1 2/3 cups plain flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 tsps baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp instant coffee granules (optional)
  • 8 tbsps (114g) butter/margarine, room temperature
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup icing sugar

Mix together the sifted flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and coffee granules, and set aside.

In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Scrape down the bowl and then add 1 of the eggs and beat on medium speed until blended. Add the other egg and vanilla and beat until well incorporated. 



Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl and beat on low speed just until blended.

Cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate for an hour or two until the mixture firms up a bit.


Prepare a bowl with icing sugar and using a tablespoon or a small scoop, spoon a dollop of dough into the bowl of icing sugar. Roll in the icing sugar and form balls lightly with your fingers. Place balls on prepared baking sheets and place well apart.



Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 9-10mins. 


Take out the cookies and leave to cool in the baking tray for a couple of minutes before transferring  the cookies to a cooling tray.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...