This is my healthy version of the famous Coffee Gateau also known as Gateau Marie, Coffee Mousse and Mama's Cake. You don't have to be on a particular diet to try this dessert as I can assure you it is just as decadent. You will have to stop yourself from licking all the bowls clean ;)Ingredients:
- 300g sugar-free/normal plain tea biscuits / petite beurre
- 4 tsps instant coffee powder
- 200ml hot water
- 1 tsp Tagatesse sweetener (or 2 tsp sugar)
- 150g sugar-free/normal plain tea biscuits / petite beurre
- 500g ricotta /cottage cheese
- 4 tbsp un-sweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsps Tagatesse sweetener (or 3 tbsps icing sugar)
- 4 tbsps coffee liqueur (ex. Tia Maria, Kahlúa..)
- 200ml milk
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp coffee liqueur
- 1 tsp Tagatesse sweetener (or 2 tsps icing sugar)
- 2 tbsps crushed roasted almonds to decorate.
Start by preparing the coffee cream by crushing the biscuits in a food processor until fine. In a separate food processor bowl add the cocoa powder, ricotta, sweetener/sugar and coffee liqueur and mix until creamy. Add in the crushed biscuits and pour in the milk as process until everything is well incorporated. Transfer the chocolate cream in a bowl and refrigerate.
In a small bowl mix the coffee with hot water and sugar and leave at the side.
In a large rectangular dish lay biscuits next to each other until all the base is covered. Sprinkle some coffee on each of the biscuits and top with an even layer of the chocolate cream.
Cover with another layer of biscuits, sprinkle with coffee and cover again with the chocolate cream.
Repeat this another time and finish with a layer of biscuits. Sprinkle with the remaining coffee and cover the dish with cling film and refrigerate for a few hours.
For the topping take the Greek yogurt and mix in the sweetener/sugar and coffee liqueur. Mix well.
Take out the coffee gateau and cover with the yogurt mixture. Sprinkle with almonds and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.