- 12 large mushrooms
- 1/2 packet of thawed frozen spinach
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (any cheeses can be used)
- 8 rashers of bacon, chopped into little pieces
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
In a bowl combine spinach, cheeses, bacon, garlic and pepper and mix well.
Take mushrooms and remove stalks and scoop out some of the inside to make a hollow. Stalks can be chopped up and added to the filling or discarded.
Spoon the filling into each mushroom, pressing slightly so that the mushrooms are well stuffed.
Pop the mushrooms into the microwave (high setting & grill) for a few minutes until mushrooms are brown and cooked. Remove any liquids that come out of the mushrooms and continue to cook.
Serving suggestion: These yummy mushrooms can be served as an appetiser or at a party.