These fiber-packed cookies are ideal for breakfast or for a quick healthy snack through-out the day.
- 1 cup (110g) walnuts and hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter/margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup (210g) brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup (105g) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups (260g) Jumbo oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
In a bowl beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
Add the egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon.
Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat until incorporated.
Stir in the nuts, oats, and chocolate chips.
Put tablespoon full of mixture on a lined baking sheet and space the cookies about 5 cm apart on the baking sheet.
Bake the cookies for about 12 -15 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees until golden brown around the edges but still soft and a little wet in the centers.
Remove from oven and let the cookies cool a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.